Thursday 7 November 2013

Greatness in a Person, is the sacrifice of oneself

“Love between man and woman cannot be built without sacrifices and self-denial.”
― Pope John Paul II

Being a very analytically inclined person, I have found that I question a lot of things, but the time has come where I don't question. There is a quest that every man embarks on and that is to find what is missing in their life. When I started my journey to seek that one thing that was missing in my life was very confusing and daunting: People said wait and it will come to you when you least expect it, They said you got to go out and get it, Well forget that after some time of doing both those exact things all I found was disappointment and self ruining. Some people come back from, the hurt, the disgust, the self loathing, finding themselves searching for something even more, and more viciously leaving a wake of turmoil behind them.

I have been through this and I am here today telling you that the wake of hate behind does not have to be one of hurt but one of happiness... I often thought that I need to find out who "I AM" is, not thinking how smart the play on words is that "Jesus" used. Let me explain "Jesus" knew exactly what kind of person he was, where He came from, His purpose in life. Wow amazingly after kneeling down for days on days in front of the Blessed sacrament it hit me like an adrenalin rush combined with butterflies.

"I am who I am" Love yourself, be happy and humble with who you are, its the world that tells you to forget who You are and create a New you. After that night once I woke, I went out not on a quest but on a journey... On that journey the one thing I was looking for became visible before my very eyes, it was the one thing I was missing from Creation and that is my "RIB" that God used to create another's world.

This woman never stole my heart but merely created room to hold mine beside Hers, almost like it is seen in pictures, put two human hearts together and you get the image im looking at. From there I looked at things differently.

My virtue is not mine to give away it is Her's, My heart, all my sacrifices belong soulfully for the one woman that holds my Rib within.

Superheros are called to have great responsibility because they have great power but why when it comes to the crunch to hold so much power over the people we love so dearly, we find ourselves not being a hero for them. Every Man wants to be a hero and wants to protect so then do it,
I strive to be that hero that man that stands out in the crowd knowing that I am that superhero.

"Greatness in a Person is the sacrifice of oneself" - Matthew Simon

The struggle of self to sacrifice is conquered by pride, one can not be selfish and selfless at the same time, the vow of commitment is is not for you it is for someone else who holds You to greatness.






No comments:

Post a Comment