Thursday 9 October 2014

Fear is limitless when there is a limit!

This is an enemy We can't see or touch but can only feel, it leaves us with pits in our stomachs, nauseating to a point of illness, nails bitten so they bleed, deep sighs and deep breathes fear grabs ahold of you and it never lets you go!

Fear is a state of mind where we feel that We can't control what is happening and going on around us. I speak from the heart when I share with you my fears and what they have done to Me in my life,

"I can't sleep at night without thinking of how can I become a better man or be successful or what people think of Me... The thing is I don't know what people want from Me? Other than Me! and I let it control me! What do I need to do? Why is it so hard to just see the route that I need to take in order to get Myself to where I need to be, I have been so consumed by My fears at a stage in my life that I began biting my nails, to a point where nearly every nail on my hand will have bleed at least twice a week. I have thrown up every morning afraid to face my fears and completely paralyzed by what they have in store for me. In short, I lost control of my mind, it was no longer being driven by Matthew but by fear. Once I unconsciously handed over the helm to the new captain Fear all I could do was hold on for the ride."

I have fears just like every human out there but the only thing is that I let fear drive me for sometime. A fear driven person can be lead to do an act in the wrong way, and in saying that I have not met one person who has acted out of fear and felt brave while watching a cartoon, the truth of the matter is that humans think fear creates an instinct like an animal that will save their life or protect their life(don't get confused with the will to live a survival instinct). Another instance where does fear come into making the correct choices for you. Would we allow fear to make decisions for us if its out of a feeling that we don't like, No one likes to feel fearful.

This may sound cliche but the only way to expel your fears is to face your fears, over the years that is all that was said to us when we felt scared "Face your fears Matthew dont run from them". So I started to think Fight or Flight, what would leave me staying or getting the heck out of there... I began to put myself in to scenarios where I would Fight or Flight and saw that I would fight 97% of the time however for most people filling out a form to actually emotionally experiencing fear dictates the opposite.

Remember you are what you believe you are!

After seeing that and really putting a value on what I would do in a situation that would cause me to react with a fight response, I then started to think how can I fight my fears in "fight response"... I started to talk about it to people tell them that I have fears and that these fears were real as You and Me, and I listed a few to them.

Then I began to see through the haze and can say that everyone including myself that has a fear... has limited themselves to a degree where they doubt that it can be accomplished.

By limiting yourself you have already given up! Dont limit yourself and especially dont let people limit You!

I then began telling myself - "Fear is limitless when there is limit" So dont limit yourself Matthew Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment