Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Birth of a good idea

Have you ever sat down and asked yourself what would make my life easier? Essentially that is how a good idea is conceived, I have heard and listened to many different people speak and write about great idea thinking and the only one that really stood out for me was the talk by @Clive Thompson. What he spoke about big ideas already being thought of already made me think harder, is it really a big idea if it has been thought of?

I began to dig deeper in to what people thought of big or great ideas are, and then it dawned on me, its only a big idea because it has been thought of already but there was no action towards the idea or even "the right place at the right time" even the right situation. The problem is that its not a needed idea and its the needed ideas that stand testament through time and face the tons of idea and critics out there.

Have you ever asked yourself what you need and what you would like for this issue or problem or that situation. For me that is the birth of a monumental idea... The need and want to solve a specific task swiftly and productively. That's an idea brain juices pumping eyes looking up to the heavens waiting for divine inspiration, head tilting from side to side, back and forth, hands blocking out the light to your eyes... Eureka? Nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment